The cell line section - Explore the expression profiles in human cell lines
The Cell Line section contains information on genome-wide RNA expression profiles of human protein-coding genes in 1055 human cell lines, including 985 cancer cell lines. The transcriptomics analysis includes classification based on specificity analysis across 27 cancer types, distribution and expression cluster analysis across all cell lines and for selected cancer types also analysis of similarity of the cell lines to their corresponding cancer type. More information about the specific content and the generation and analysis of the data in the section can be found in the Methods summary.
- if a gene is enriched in cellines from a particular cancer type (specificity)
- which genes have a similar expression profile across the cell lines (expression cluster)
- the catalogue of genes elevated in each of the cell lines
- which cell line has the most consistent expression profile to its corresponding TCGA disease cohort (i.e., the best cell lines for cancer study)
- cancer-related pathway and cytokine activity of each cell line
CELL LINE SPECIFICITYi
Classification of all protein-coding genes based on RNA expression in cell lines, determining the number of genes enriched, group enriched or elevated in a particular cancer types compared to all other cancer types. Click in the piechart or on the bars to generate lists of corresponding genes.